What are the top six things on the minds of CPAs?
We are almost to the end of our town hall / Professional Issues Update tour this fall, and here is what almost 1,500 MACPA members have said are the top six issues on their minds:
- Generations (and how to deal with four generations in the workplace)
- IFRS globalization
- Social networking as a tool for CPAs
- Transparency and trust
- Keeping up with change
They also said they want us, their professional association, to stay focused on the following:
- Advocacy with regulators and legislators
- Protecting the CPA license
- Insuring the integrity of the CPA profession
- Continuing professional education
- Continuing to be their "early warning system"
Based on feedback from these session, we have added a few sessions to give you more information about these hot topics:
Dec. 10 webcast: CPAs and Social Media: Passing Fad or Valuable Tool? (noon - 1:40 p.m.): This will feature live examples of how CPAs in firms and business and industry can use these tools for marketing, thought leadership, and keeping up with the rapidly changing profession.
These informative and interactive sessions are part of our six-point plan to help our members thrive during this recession. The spring and fall PIUs add up to eight hours of free CPE. Add the special CPE session on CPA Day on Jan. 20 and 14 lunch-and-learns for a total of 24 hours of free CPE.
Check out our town hall resource center for our members here.
You can see pictures from our twon hall meetings on Flickr.