Fun (and mind-blowing) stuff, courtesy of Windows 7
It's been a while since I've written one of these fun tech posts, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to share this awesome article from PC Magazine.
It's called "Windows 7: The Top 10 Hidden Features," and man, is it cool. If you're a Windows 7 user, check out what your OS can do:
- "God Mode." Great name, even better functionality. Windows 7's "God Mode" places an icon on your desktop (or anywhere else you please) that gives you a single point of access to nearly 300 Windows 7 functions. No more blindly searching for basic functionality.
- Enhanced calculator. There are computer calculators, and then there's Window 7's calculator. This thing does way more than add and subtract. It does standard calculations, scientific calculations, programmer calculations, statistics, digit grouping, and unit conversions in 11 categories -- angles, area, energy, length, power, pressure, temperature, time, velocity, volume and weight / mass.
- A screen capture function called the "Problem Steps Recorder" that you can use report bugs or troubleshoot quirks in the system.
- A solution for pinning folders to your task bar (the same way you can now pin software icons to the task bar). It's a great solution for gaining easy access to the information you use the most.
- A variety of tools that let you monitor and improve the performance of your machine.
Want more? This BloggersBase article dives even deeper.
And that's just the beginning. You can learn more about Windows 7's functionality at "Microsoft Windows 7 Operating System Inside Out: Efficiency and Security," an MACPA program slated for Dec. 6 at the MACPA's Columbia Center. Get details and register here.
What's your favorite bit of Windows 7 magic?