Read anything good lately? Try these
Weekends are usually pretty slow around here, so we're going to try something new.
On Saturdays, we're going to focus on the fantastic array of online resources that can help you do your job better. We'll try to focus on one cool new business tool each week. And remember, this is a blog, so share and share alike. Be sure to share your favorite resources with our readers as well.
Let's start with your answers to our search for the world's best business publications. Magazines, newspapers, Web sites, blogs, podcasts -- they're all fair game. Since we're in the home stretch of tax season, I suspected we wouldn't get a lot of responses to the blog post, and I was right; we received just one comment. But I also posted the question on LinkedIn and received a bunch of great suggestions. Here are some of them:
- FEI's Financial Reporting Blog
- Fool.com: Stock market advice
- Escape from Cubicle Nation, a fantastic entrepreneurial blog
- Seth Godin's Blog. All hail King Seth!
- Re: The Auditors, a blog by Francine McKenna
- Fast Company
- Business 2.0
- The Wall Street Journal
- United States Chamber of Commerce
- Copyediting.com | Grammar Girl (courtesy of a copy editor, obviously)
- techdirt, "the insight company for the information age"
- Micro Persuasion, a blog that examines "technology trends and their impact on culture, media and digital marketing"
- The Register
- The Welch Way, a podcast from Jack and Suzy Welch
- TED.com. TED stands for Technology, Entertainment, Design. It's a blog about "ideas worth spreading."
- LawIsFun.com. Decide for yourself.
- Editor & Publisher (for the journalist in all of us)
- The Economist
So what'd we miss? Tell us what you're reading these days.