NYPN Advisory Board & Strategic Plan
Meet our Advisory Board
Introducing the newly elected New / Young Professionals Network Advisory Board:
- Chair: Stephen Hohne, CPA, USALCO
Vice Chair/Chair-elect: Kuo Lee, CPA, CrossCountry Consulting
- Past Chair: Debra Hale, CPA, Weil, Akman, Baylin & Coleman, P.A.
- Activities Chair/Professional Development Chair: Jennie Hammett, CPA, Gorfine, Schiller & Gardyn
- Public Relations/Outreach Chair: Barrett Young, CPA, The Green Abacus
- At-large Member: Kathryn Koza, CPA, Grant Thornton, LLP
- At-large Member: Harry Sturgis, CPA, Weyrich, Cronin & Sorra Chtd.
NYPN strategic planning
A dedicated group of young CPAs and CPA candidates met in a series of strategic planning sessions with Tom Hood to discuss the most effective way to continue the momentum and success of the New / Young Professionals Network. The group came up with five bold steps to help make NYPN the young networking group of the future.
- Meetings / events: Help plan and coordinate happy hours, social and networking events, etc. Forge associations with other networking organizations and look out for future event opportunities for NYPN.
- Professional development / CPE: Help plan timely and relevant CPE events for young CPAs. Plan a large-scale networking roundtable and other events related to professional development.
- Charity: Help plan an annual charity event. Forge associations with area charity organizations. Help coordinate smaller-scale charity and community events and opportunities for NYPN involvement.
- Brand identity: Help further the NYPN and MACPA images in the community. Coordinate with MACPA marketing staff to create a brand identity for NYPN, including logo, tagline, possible brandwear and a public relations strategy.
- Web page / Road Show: Help coordinate content for the NYPN newsletter, Web page and other communications. Coordinate the creation and launch of the NYPN Road Show, which includes traveling to various firms to help educate young CPA professionals, CPA candidates and firm leadership about NYPN.