Maryland looms large on list of ‘Best CPA Firms to Work For’
Ten Maryland firms have been included on Accounting Today’s 2018 list of the Best CPA Firms to Work For.
Accounting Today announced its list of the 100 best firms to work for in July. The latest list further breaks down the list into three categories — the best small firms to work for, the best mid-sized firms, and the best large firms.
The Maryland firms honored include the following:
Best small firms
No. 15: HeimLantz CPAs, Annapolis No. 22: Lanigan, Ryan, Malcolm & Doyle, Gaithersburg No. 24: Santos, Postal & Co., Rockville No. 32: E. Cohen and Co. CPAs, Rockville No. 37: Bormel, Grice & Huyett, Laurel No. 45: WeberMessick, Baltimore
Best mid-size firms
No. 7: Clearview Group, Owings Mills No. 12: Gelman, Rosenberg & Freedman, Bethesda No. 28: Snyder Cohn, North Bethesda
Best large firms
No. 1: SC&H Group Inc., Sparks
The rankings are based largely on what Accounting Today calls “the key drivers of engagement for staff,” which are as follows:
- I feel part of a team working toward a shared goal.
- I have confidence in the leadership of this organization.
- I like the type of work that I do.
- This organization treats me like a person, not a number.
- Most days, I feel I have made progress at work.
- At this organization, employees have fun at work.
- Overall, I’m satisfied with this organization’s benefits package.
- My supervisor handles my personal issues satisfactorily.
- Quality is a top priority with this organization.
- I feel I am valued in this organization.
Download the full list of best firms to work for here.